To open a bank account as a foreigner in Singapore you’ll need:
- Proof of Identity (Passport or ID card)
- Proof of Address (Utility bills, etc.)
- Employment Visa, S Pass, or Student Visa.
- 1 Can foreigners open a bank account in Singapore online?
- 2 Can I open a bank account with no money?
- 3 Can anyone open a bank account in Singapore?
- 4 What is best bank in Singapore for foreigners and expats?
- 5 How can foreigners open bank account in Singapore?
- 6 Do I need a job to open a bank account?
- 7 What’s the easiest bank account to open?
- 8 Can I open a bank account online without going to the bank?
- 9 What documents do you need to open bank account?
- 10 Can I open bank account online?
Can foreigners open a bank account in Singapore online?
If you’re a foreigner living in Singapore with an Employment Pass, S Pass or Dependant Pass, you’ll be able to choose from a range of UOB accounts. However, to open your account you must visit a branch in person – there’s no online account option for foreign customers.
Can I open a bank account with no money?
The short answer is yes. You don’t need a deposit to open a bank account, if you choose a bank that doesn’t require one. A handful of online-only banks and banks with online banking do not require a deposit.
Can anyone open a bank account in Singapore?
How Do I Open A Bank Account as a Singapore Citizen? You will need to be over 18, but you can simply travel to the bank and talk to someone to get the account open. Then you will need to be aware of the bank fees and the minimum deposits that you will need to add in each day.
What is best bank in Singapore for foreigners and expats?
UOB is considered an expat-friendly bank in Singapore, offering up to 10% cashback and competitive rates for your overseas expenditure. HSBC is also a preferred option by many ex-pats because of its Multi-Currency Savings Account, providing access to 11 currencies and great global great facility.
How can foreigners open bank account in Singapore?
Online account application is only available for Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Foreigners with valid Singapore work pass (e.g. employment / S pass) or student pass. Foreigner (Working in Singapore)
- Identification Document. Provide valid Passport (biodata)
- Proof of Employment.
- Proof of Residential Address.
Do I need a job to open a bank account?
Yes, you can open a saving account without a job. But for credit card account you will need to show you have an income to repay the credit card. To open an account you will need a passport or a driver license, some sort of utility bill or an ID that can show your residential address.
What’s the easiest bank account to open?
Financial institutions that can make it easier to get a checking account
- BBVA Compass. BBVA Compass offers multiple checking account options.
- Navy Federal Credit Union.
- SunTrust Bank.
- Second-chance checking.
- Prepaid debit cards.
Can I open a bank account online without going to the bank?
Can I open a bank account without going into the bank? Yes, you can open a bank account completely online, without ever going into a bank branch. With a completely online bank or account, you can also do all your account management online.
What documents do you need to open bank account?
What you need to open a bank account
- A valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport.
- Other basic information, such as your birthdate, Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification Number, or phone number.
- An initial deposit is required by some banks, too.
Can I open bank account online?
Step 1: Get online: You can initiate the process with just your mobile number, your documents and by filling out a form. It can all be done conveniently via our online portal, allowing you to avoid having to physically go to the bank. You can read more on the different types of Savings Account here.